The Masterplan Refresh has involved several levels of engagement and consultation with internal stakeholders (within the JCU Community) and external stakeholders within the broader Cairns region, including the Cairns Mayor. The engagement has been in the form of workshops, group interviews, individual interviews, public lectures, a staff and student survey (still available for participation) and a student urban design studio.
Dates of the engagement are outlined below:
- Divisional Groups of JCU (completed 19 September 2018)
- Colleges, Institutes & Centres Group Workshop (10th October 2018)
- Tasks Group workshops (completed 10th & 11th October 2018)
- Group meeting with the Traditional Owners of the land (10th October 2018)
- Student Urban Design Studio (completed 10th & 11th October 2018)
- Public Lecture (completed 11th October 2018)
- Staff and Student Survey (ongoing)
- Group and Individual Interviews (ongoing)
The process is still ongoing and open to all ideas and comments.
Submit Your Thoughts
We encourage the University and broader community to provide ideas, comments and feedback on our Masterplan as it develops, and our process in developing the Masterplan.Email Us
Cairns Camps Masterplan – Industry Partners Workshop08/11/2018 1:30pm-3:00pm D3-003
Cairns Campus Masterplan PCG 03 Meeting08/11/2018 9:00am-11:00pm Cns A4-105 / Tsv 004-225
Cairns Campus Masterplan PCG 04 Meeting05/12/2018 2:00pm-4:00pm Cns A1-204 / Tsv 001-330
Upcoming Engagement Session: Thursday 8th November 2018
The next engagement session will be held on 8th November in the Library at JCU Cairns Smithfield campus.
A member of the design team will be there to discuss the project and gather your ideas and feedback about the future of the campus.